Friday, September 7, 2007

of philosophers and poets

Eliot, I am trying to wrap my mind around you and we are not in unity quite yet. I have great respect and admiration for you but I also desire understanding. I want to be reconciled to you. Will there be time? Will there be time before the taking of a toast and tea? Do I dare disturb the universe? It is impossible to say just what I mean! I formed a loose acquaintance, or rather an awareness of you five years ago through one who was well acquainted with you. Give me Shakespeare any day; but, you, sir... you are the philosopher. And I think it wise we know each other.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow.

I will attempt to know you and hope for a friendship with you. But until your human voice wakes me, I shall drown... myself in Dostoevsky. Please, no more shadows.

No comments: