Monday, July 30, 2007

injustice, confusion, sympathy

The only way for me to receive justice is by denying any inkling of compassion this heart carries. I think my romantic meanderings were right on. The accident I had 2 months ago was most likely with an illegal allien. She is uninsured though her husband is, and she was excluded from his policy. Should I have called the cops? I would think she would have been deported and I know there are kids involved in the mix. And I know they must be suffering financially. I have experienced poverty but i know it cannot compare to that of the poverty of underdeveloped countries.
Where is my injustice? Their lack of financial responsibility, lack of responsibility period. Doctor bills piled up, my car functioning but in bad shape and I am left with two choices. I have to live with these things or sue an even poorer family (no thank you). A compassionate doctor, swimming, and friends make the injuries easier to bear. And now I learn and trust that my father in heaven will give me bread and not stones for the rest.

No comments: